Tuesday 20 September 2011

World of Warcraft Account Stolen! What do I do?

2 hours ago my WoW account was stolen. I just woke up 5 minuets ago and went to check my email and there was one in my inbox saying my password has been changed.



I proceeded to attempt to log into my account but when I tried it asked me for an authenticator which I have never added to my account.



Blizzard opens it's phone lines in 3 hours and I will be giving them a call but is there anything else I can do?



What if they ask me to fax in photo ID? I live in the middle of the Canadian wilderness and it would be almost impossible for me to get access to a fax machine.



I do have all the box cases and activation keys from all the expansions and the game it's self. Do you think that would be enough?



I have put well over $1000 into this account I don't want to lose it. Anyone have tips?
World of Warcraft Account Stolen! What do I do?
Okay, calm down, you will get your account bank and anything this person takes or sells that is on your character, in your bags or in your bank.



First off, if your character has access to a guild bank account, you need to notify your guild to change your access rights right away, so this person does not make off with the guild contents.



Second, since you can't log into your WOW account because the password has been changed, and Blizzard support is not open yet, have a friend sign into their account and to post at the Customer Service forum or Technical Support forum at World of Warcraft and a Blizzard Rep usually answers right away. Once Blizzard offices open, call the 1-800 number.



I had my account hacked into back in July 2008, and they took all my bank items and items in bags and all my gold. After Blizzard investigated, they returned my gold and items within a few days by in-game mail.



Here is the contact number:



Live Representatives Available Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm PST

For phone assistance please call: 1 (800) 592-5499 || 1 (800) 59-BLIZZARD



Hope this helps.



P.S. If you have not done so already, you should consider purchasing the Blizzard Authenticator $6.50 U.S. as it is an extra layer of security when signing in. I purchased one right after my account was hacked and have not had a problem since.
World of Warcraft Account Stolen! What do I do?
lol congrats join the club dont worrie monday call blizzard billing explain to them wut happen more than likely thell lock your acct untill u can fax in a copy of a id or some fourm of proof it is in fact yours not a bought acct then it takes up to 2weeks before your items restored if your lucky of course by that time ull probly have better gear than u had before u got hacked lol least thats how it was wit me best advice dont give your pass word out to any 1 even if u get some email from blizzard about some sort of action taken against your acct dont send acct info call them up and ask them cuase lot of emails are scams also stay off those gold farmer sell websites they love to steal your acct pass word with keyloggers on there website and as to if u dont have acess to fax then just use mail service





good luck and enjoy the hassel of being hacked
Contact Blizzard. Simple as that. YOu'll get your account back, don't worry.



Remember: %26quot;A blizzard employee will NEVER ask for your account details or password or stuff like that.%26quot;



Good luck.