Friday 16 September 2011

My boy does not want to follow the Hindu Tradition of Janehu. What can I tell him?

My boy is around 12 and we are planning to get his thread ceremony (Janehu) done. When my Janehu was done when I was young, I enjoyed the whole process. My head was shaved and I had a long Sikha (thick tail of long hair on the back of head) and my ears were pierced and I wore gold earrings. I get sweet memories going through those photos – I feel proud of our tradition and thank my parents for doing that. I had my Sikha for sometime. The earrings had come off sooner as my Dad did not want hole marks on my ear. Anybody there who went through this experience.

My boy thinks that it will not be “Cool” to have his head shaved, ears pierced and walk around with a Sikha. He is concerned that his friends will laugh. So I told him that for the purposes of the ceremony, he could have the earrings and the Sikha. After the whole ceremony is over those can come off. He is still reluctant.

Now, am I asking too much from my boy now that the world is changing. What should I tell him? Please share.
My boy does not want to follow the Hindu Tradition of Janehu. What can I tell him?
As of now, forget about the hair cut or piercing of ears.

First make him ready to sit for the entire period of 3-4hours during Puja ceremony. You can also bring some of his friends who had undergone Janehu with ALL the procedures. Let them convince him. If he accepts it's good if he doesnt even then you can at least get the ceremony done without cutting his hair.

My best wishes are with both... you and him.

I would like to tell all the other parents who are likely to face this problem... do the thread ceremony when your son is 7yrs old so as to avoid this situation.
My boy does not want to follow the Hindu Tradition of Janehu. What can I tell him?
let him do what he feels
yes of-course!



Times have changed and slowly our traditions and rituals are just diminishing.



This may be a good sign but at the same time alarming for our tr edition.



I would suggest , leave it up to your son to decide where there he wants it to be done or no.
Tell him to do the right thing and to follow his heart.
let him do what he wants, its his life.
HEY

this is a common problem of new generation.plase try to understand to your boy it is good for him and yours family parampra. please check his kundli to good astrologist and consult it for change his nature .It is also fact of his kundli position for his this type of nature.