Friday 16 September 2011

What Do You Think About my poem?

Its a %26quot;This I believe%26quot; poem for english.



Thanks and be HONEST!:)



The Significance of Memories

Memories, I believe, force us to remember the good, the bad, the ugly and the worse. I believe in the warm and sweet memories of an untainted and innocent childhood. I remember when life was new, and everyone taller than you were referred to as “grown ups”. They feel vague and seem so far away, like a deferred dream. Those memories are soft and delicate, hard to grasp. When I think back to my younger years, I remember the dread of naptime in pre-k, my mother desperately teaching me how to ride a two wheeler, holding my baby sister for the first time, and when “getting high” meant pumping your legs on the swings. These recollections remind me of how much things changed and how much has stayed the same.



I believe in those special memories you recall arbitrarily; when we would say, “Remember when we used to…” or “Remember that one time..? Followed by, “Oh I remember that!” I remember those long, lazy summer days, when I would walk through the neighborhood looking for my best friend Jaehee while admiring the seemingly endless blue skies and puffy white clouds. I remember staying outside in tank top straps that would never stay up and Khaki shorts stained with cherry Popsicle, catching the glowing fireflies at their prime.



I also believe in the painful, tear jerking memories that most want to forget. I remember fallouts with friends I pinky swore to never leave. I remember the anxiety of figuring where to sit for lunch in middle school, the choked up feeling before I cried after learning news of an anticipated divorce and arduous moves to different schools. I believe that remembering these painful memories are key to my character.



I believe in the life changing memories that make you mark on the calendar every time the date comes up. I remember walking down a golden floored airport; my first steps in an unfamiliar country and the first day of school, when my mom packed me a lunch for half day kindergarten. Where would I be without the significant events that have affected my life so much? Sometimes I suppose I would be a completely different person, living in some alternate universe like those crazy sci-fi movies.



I believe memories are both the human alleviator and aggravator. Sometime I will remember a piece of my life in Nigeria; just a tidbit; and smile; soaking in the precious recall like a sponge. Other times I’ll remember an unpleasant memory, and get bitter all over again.

I believe in the uniqueness of a memory; like an untouched old-world photo; in the past, never to repeat again.



I believe in the memories that make someone ask, “What are you smiling at?” I also believe in the memories that will make a concerned onlooker say, “Are you okay?” I believe that memories force us to grow.



I believe in using my memories in conjunction with “Forgive and Forget”—without the “forget.” I believe I’m nothing without my memories; a newborn baby. I can’t begin to imagine a day where I would not be able to recall some gorgeous summer night, or one beautiful winter’s eve. Memories, to me, bring me every emotion I express. I reflect upon my memories to familiar tasks and every new challenge I take.
What Do You Think About my poem?
I think this poem is awesome! and i'm being honest im soo into these life poem things like those quotes and stuff and this one is beautiful :')

and im sure that your tlaking about your life in this poem to right? and i think its wonderful how you can express your feelings / emtions into a poem.. i know i can never do that!

welll good luck in the future and thnx for sharing this wonderful poem ;]
What Do You Think About my poem?
I think its GORGEOUS! You have an amazing talent and dont ever give it up because you will get somewhere in life with that!(:
I like it as prose... It is not poetic... not a poem... but I did like it.
This poem is really good. I loved it. It actually made me cry. It really touched me, and made me think my past is ok. Thank you for writing this.
  • Cats
  • listview bug
  •